International & Exchange  Student CentreWestern International

Health Care Providers

Prior to accessing in of the health care providers below, it is important that you have your UHIP card and claim form with you. For information on using your UHIP card, please visit our UHIP information.

On Campus

Student Health Services

The Student Health Services Clinic located in the UCC, Room 11, offers health care information and medical & counselling services to all Western students. The clinic operates on an appointment or drop-in basis. Drop-in appointments are available only for medical problems of an immediate nature. You will be required to show your Western student ID card as well as your UHIP card (and fill out a UHIP claim form) during each visit.

Tip: Call in advance to arrange an appointment if possible, and be at the appointment at least 10 minutes before the scheduled time.

Student Development Centre’s Psychological Counselling Services

Individual and confidential counselling services are available on-campus to help students with personal concerns and problems.

International Students and Wellness Website

The website provides wellness information in the context of cross-cultural adjustment and intercultural experience. It includes information about how to manage cultural transitions and enhance emotional wellness, support services available, as well as the nature of counselling in Canada. Each section of the website includes important links to on- and off-campus resources as well as additional online information. The website will form part of the Mental Health @ Western website.

Student Emergency Response Team (SERT)

SERT is a student run, volunteer organization providing first-aid response to 9-1-1 calls on Main-Campus, Brescia, and Huron Campuses, responding to any medical emergencies on-campus. SERT often deals with minor, non-life threatening situations that do not require an ambulance. They also offer First Aid and CPR courses to those interested.

Registered Dietitian (University Student Council)

The USC has a consulting dietitian that can work with you to determine your nutrition needs while studying at Western. The nutritionist will offer individual counselling, group presentations, grocery store tours, recipe analysis, sample menus and recipes and cooking classes.

Nutritional Information Services

Hospitality Services at Western provides complementary nutrition services to all students. Students can make an appointment to meet with the nutrition manager to discuss ways to maintain a healthy lifestyle, including how to eat healthily while living in residence.

Hope’s Garden Eating Disorder Support & Resource Centre

The USC offers anonymous and confidential support groups which meet weekly for students struggling with body image and disordered eating habits in the Peer Support Center.

Sexual Health and Consent Education Support Service

This USC Peer Support service aims to provide students with the information they need to make educated decisions regarding sex. It also aims to increase awareness regarding the continuum of sexual violence and educate the student body on the importance of consent.

View the complete list of health services on campus.

Emergency Services

In case of emergency, please dial 9-1-1 (police, fire and/or ambulance).

There are 3 main hospitals in London:

London Health Science Centre (University Hospital)

London Health Science Centre (Victoria Hospital)

St. Joseph's Hospital Urgent Care Centre

Telehealth Ontario - 1-866-797-0000

This free and confidential telephone service connects you over the phone with a Registered Nurse for health advice and consultations 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Anyone living in Ontario may use this service.

When you call Telehealth Ontario, the nurse will ask you to describe your symptoms and help you to decide whether you should care for yourself at home, go to a walk-in clinic or a hospital emergency room. You do not have to give a UHIP number when you call or fill out any forms.

Telehealth Ontario provides service in English and French, with translation support for 110 other languages.

Walk-in Clinics

These are public or private health care establishments that offer general medical services to the community. An appointment is not usually necessary as you can simply “walk-in” to see a doctor for your health concern. The doctor who is available at the time will see you in the order of your arrival to the clinic. Be aware that depending on the time of day, you may wait 1-2 hours to see a doctor as many people use these clinics because of their convenience. You will be required to show your UHIP card and fill out a UHIP claim form during each visit.

Oxford Medical Walk-In Clinic

140 Oxford St. E., Suite 102 (near Richmond St.)

Western Walk-In Clinic

240 Wharncliffe Rd. N., Suite 201 (south of Oxford St.)

Sunningdale Medical Group Walk-In Clinic

1695 Wonderland Rd N, Unit 1, London, ON,N6G 4W3


Adelaide Huron Medical Centre

1080 Adelaide Street North Unit 5, London, ON N5Y 2N1 

London Medicentre Clinic

611 Wonderland Rd. N., South of Oxford St. W.(inside the PharmPlus)

Children’s After Hours Clinic

101 Fanshawe Park Rd (near Masonville Place)

You can find additonal locations on SouthWest healthline's website.

Tip: If you are seeking health care anywhere other than Student Health Services, take a UHIP claim form with you just in case. UHIP claim forms can be downloaded from the UHIP website.

Family Physicians

For a listing of family physicians contact the London Academy of Medicine. (NOTE: doctors provide their listing to the London Academy of Medicine on a voluntary basis)

London and District Academy of Medicine

The College of Physicians & Surgeons of Ontario