International & Exchange  Student CentreWestern International

On-Campus Residences

Western offers both traditional-style (dormitory) as well as suite-style residences. For descriptions, rates, pictures and floors plans please visit the Residences at Western website.

If you are a single student, without children, coming directly from high school, and receive an offer of full-time, first-year admission to Western's main campus by mid-May, then a place in residence is guaranteed. Housing will hold a place in residence for you, provided that you respond to the residence offer and pay the deposit fee by deadline date on your offer of residence.

Traditional-Style Residence

Residence Roommates

Students live in double rooms and share common washrooms with members of their floor. Most first-year students are placed in double rooms with a roommate. The roommate pairing process considers lifestyle and personal preferences.

Suite-Style Residence

Residence Roommates

Students have their own room, but share cooking facilities, a bathroom, and a common area with two or three other students. Students look after more of their own domestic responsibilities and have the option of cooking some of their own meals. Suite-style residences are slightly more expensive.

Hybrid-Style Residence

room in Ontario Hall residence

Students live in a double room with a semi-private washroom. They offer the privacy of a suite-style residence and the strong sense of belonging of a traditional-style residence.

NOTE: First-year students who have not received confirmation of an on-campus residence room/apartment by August 1, it is extremely unlikely you will be admitted into residence in September, and are advised to look for off-campus housing.

Residences at the Affiliated Colleges

Brescia, Huron and King's University Colleges have residences as well. While students at the affiliated colleges receive first priority, main campus students may also apply to live in one of the affiliate residences, if rooms are still available. For more information please contact the colleges directly.

For more information, please visit: