Welcome to London, Ontario Canada
We are pleased to ‘Meet & Greet’ you on Campus upon arrival and help you get to your final check-in destination.
The Great Hall, Somerville House
Oxford Drive, London ON
Drop-off Location recommended for taxis and Uber: Alumni Hall circle
Conference registration hours of operation:
- Sunday, July 7 - 12 to 8 pm
- Monday, July 8 - 7 am to 8 pm
- Tuesday, July 9 - 7 am to 8 pm
- Wednesday, July 10 - 8 am to 12 pm
*Note: If you are staying on campus and arrive outside of these hours please proceed directly to accommodations headquarters at 230 Sarnia Road (Ontario Hall).
London, Ontario, Canada is about two hours from Toronto, Canada.
Depending on the day of your arrival, conference volunteers will available at Toronto's Pearson International Airport, London International Airport and London's Via Rail Train Station to welcome you and direct you to onward transportation.
Here are some options to get to London:
Meet and Greet at London Airport - Monday, July 8, 2019
You can catch a connecting flight from Toronto to London International Airport. From
Alternatively, from the London
|London Taxi Companies|
Driving from the London Airport to Western University
- Drive West on Oxford Street (the main street exiting from the airport)
- Turn right (north) on Richmond Street
- Turn left (west) on University Drive at Western's main gates
- Meet & Greet Terminal 1: Volunteers will be available near The Robert Q
airbusshuttle desk located one level below the arrivals, at the bottom of the escalator. (Domestic).
- Meet & Greet Terminal 3: Volunteers will be available at the Ground Transportation Desk on the arrivals level under the domestic escalator located in the
centreof the terminal. (International)
An airport shuttle service is available from Pearson International Airport. This is often less expensive than flying into London. Reservations are required for both arrival and departure. We recommend arranging your round trip to and from London within one booking.
When booking Toronto Airport as departure and London as
This step is necessary because the Robert Q shuttle arrives at a central London depot on Wharncliffe Road, and then a taxi will take guests who have booked the final leg of the journey to their specific address or landmark.
Robert Q Conference Delegates special rate: Promotions code
- Cost for
returntrip from Toronto Pearson to London to campus landmark with promo code: $171.36 CAD
Note: No Meet and Greet
United States citizens may find it easier or more reasonable pricing to fly to Detroit and travel by shuttle bus to London. Shuttle buses clear customs at the Ambassador Bridge connecting Detroit to Windsor, Canada. Be prepared to show your passport and make any declarations at the border. This location is not recommended for conference attendees flying from other international destinations.
Robert Q Airbus services Detroit Metro Airport.
Robert Q Conference Delegates special rate: Promotions code 7131 . Reservations Required.
- Cost for
returntrip from Detroit to London to on-campuslandmark with promo code: CAD $185.70
When booking Detroit Airport as departure and London as
This step is necessary because the Robert Q shuttle arrives at a central London depot on Wharncliffe Road, and then a taxi will take guests who have booked the final leg of the journey to their specific address or landmark
Directions to Robert Q Shuttle
After you have arrived in Detroit and COLLECTED YOUR LUGGAGE, call 1-866-850-7874.
From McNamara Terminal:
Walk from the luggage area to the elevator or escalator and go up to the 2nd floor, exit the elevator or escalator and walk across the pedestrian walkway bridge. When you get to the other side you will take the elevator or escalator down to the ground transportation area, turn left on the ground level near the sign “Canadian Scheduled Shuttles". Watch for your driver 30 minutes prior to your scheduled departure and when you see them approaching the terminal make your way to the Robert Q vehicle with your luggage.
From North Terminal:
Walk from the luggage area to the elevator directly across from the information desk, and, go up to the 4th floor where you will walk across the walkway bridge. As soon as you get to the other side take the elevator down to the ground level, exit the elevator, go left. Have a seat inside the terminal in the glass sheltered area. Your driver will park and come inside to greet you.
If you are coming from DOWNTOWN Toronto (NOT the Pearson International Airport) you can take a Greyhound Express bus to Western University or a regular Greyhound bus to downtown London. Greyhound buses also depart from many other cities in Canada and the United States. Reservations are recommended.
Greyhound Bus Lines
610 Bay Street, Toronto, ON (near Dundas Subway Station)
101 York Street, London, ON
For buses that go to the Western campus: www.greyhound.ca/Express
For buses that go to the downtown London terminal: www.greyhound.ca
No Meet and Greet
Meet and Greet at London VIA Rail - Monday, July 8, 2019
If you are coming from DOWNTOWN Toronto (NOT the Pearson International Airport), or another Canadian city, you can also take a VIA Rail train. You can purchase tickets at any VIA Rail station, online, by phone and through some travel agents.
VIA Rail Conference Delegates special rate from Downtown Toronto to London:
- Fixed rate for one way and return travel on the following train routes and departure times only
- Travel period will be from July 4-13, 2019
- Booking in advance is recommended.
A specificbooking code is not required.
From Toronto (Union Station) to London - From London to Toronto (Union Station)
|Train||Departure||Arrival||One Way - Economy||One Way - Business||Return Eco||Return Eco/Bus||Return Business|
Delegates/Guests can also choose other Toronto-London train routes and departure times. However, VIA cannot guarantee the best rates will be available on their preferred dates/departures at the time of reservation.
Delegates/Guests who are also considering leisure travel in Canada can check VIA rail schedules, however, VIA cannot guarantee the best rates will be available on their preferred dates/departures at the time of reservation.
VIA Rail Canada
205 York St., London, ON
65 Front St. W., Toronto, ON
Telephone: 1-800-842-7245 (free from Canada)
By Public Bus
There are two ways to get to Western on a London Transit Commission (LTC) bus:
- From the Corner of Richmond Street and York Street take the #6 Richmond Bus (going North) to the University, OR
- From the corner of Richmond Street and Dundas Street take the #2 (a/b) Dundas bus (going West) to the University
Western is a 15-20 minute bus ride from the VIA and Greyhound Stations. A one-way bus fare costs $2.75 and requires exact change.
Follow Richmond Street (the main street east of the bus station) going north.
Turn left (west) at Western's main gates on University Drive.
Call one of the London Taxi Companies listed below.
|London Taxi Companies|
From Highway 401 (Peripheral Route)
- Follow Highway 401 and exit on Highbury Avenue (Exit #189) north to Oxford Street.
- Turn west (left) on Oxford Street and proceed to Western Road.
- Turn north (right) onto Western Road.
- Proceed north to campus. Go past University Gates.
- Turn left into driveway to Springett parking lot (near Huron University College).
From Highway 401 (Downtown Route)
- Follow Highway 401 to Wellington Road/Exeter Road Exit (#186).
- Take the Wellington Road branch and head north passing through downtown to Pall Mall Street.
- Turn west (left) onto Pall Mall and proceed one block to Richmond Street.
- Turn north (right) onto Richmond Street.
- Turn left onto University Drive at the University Gates.
- Go through campus, proceeding up the hill on Middlesex Drive and Elgin Road.
- Turn left (south) on Western Road.
- Turn right into driveway to Springett parking lot (near Huron University College).
For those guests staying in on-campus accommodations, parking is provided. Details will be available upon check-in at registration.
For those that require day parking during the conference, parking will be made available at Springett parking lot (