Visiting and Transfer Students

Transfer Students

If you have completed courses at another university, you may be considered for admission to Western as an international transfer student. More details are available below. Please contact the Admissions Office directly to find out if you are eligible to apply.

Transfer Credit Information

Visiting Undergraduate Students

Visiting Students are students who are admitted to Western to take courses for transfer to a degree program at another University. For details see the Visiting Students Program website.

Visiting Undergraduate Students - Research Only

Visiting Undergraduate students who will not enroll in courses but will be only engaging in research must follow the instructions found in our Visiting Research Only (VRO) Student website

Visiting Graduate Students

Western accepts several visiting graduate students each year from around the world to conduct research or take courses. Students may choose to become a visiting student to:
•    broaden their research knowledge and skills under the mentorship of a Western faculty member
•    take part in a collaborative research project
•    take advantage of research facilities, centres, laboratories and academic resources not available at their home institution
•    take advantage of a specific course(s) not available at their home institution
Visit the Graduate Studies website for more details.

Immigration and Visa Information for Visiting Undergraduate/Graduate Students - Research Only

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) generally considers research placements as work, whether the research placement is paid or unpaid. For that reason, Visiting Research Students need authorization to work in Canada. For further information, please click here.

Visiting Medical Residents

International students pursuing postgraduate medical training (residency) may apply for a visiting elective rotation at Western’s Schulich School of Medicine & Dentistry. For more information, visit the Schulich Medicine & Dentistry Postgraduate Medicine website.