Global Affairs Canada International Scholarships Program
The Global Affairs Canada International Scholarships Program provides an opportunity for international students from participating countries to conduct short-term study, research or professional development in Canada. These scholarship programs include:
- Emerging Leaders in the Americas Program (students from Latin America and the Caribbean)
- Canada-Chile Leadership Exchange Scholarship (students from Chile)
- Canada-CARICOM Leadership Scholarships Program (students from CARICOM countries)
- Canada-ASEAN Scholarships and Educational Exchanges for Development (SEED) (students from ASEAN member states)
Western International administers applications for these scholarship programs on behalf of Western University.
Our participation in these scholarship programs is largely based on hosting visiting research students at Western. Visiting students would follow the Visiting Research Only application process either at the graduate or undergraduate level. The main stipulation is that students would identify a supervising faculty member at Western and they would not be eligible to enroll in courses for credit.
Faculty members who are planning to host a candidate are required to complete the following documents:
- Internal application form
- Supplementary documents:
- Letter of Invitation for the candidate
- Statement of Agreement Between Supervisors
Please contact the International Learning team at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or to obtain the necessary documents.
Western International’s internal deadlines to accept fully completed applications with supporting documents for the 2019-2020 application round is as follows:
February 22, 2019 for:
- Canada-ASEAN Scholarships and Educational Exchanges for Development (SEED)
March 15, 2019 for:
- Emerging Leaders in the Americas Program
- Canada-Chile Leadership Exchange Scholarship
- Canada-CARICOM Leadership Scholarship Program
Incomplete applications cannot be submitted.